Construction , methods and systems | Peter Calka (LION) | Pulse | LinkedIn

Construction , methods and systems | Peter Calka (LION) | Pulse | LinkedInConstruction jobs around the world look pretty much the same way. The significant difference is obviously visible to anyone who does come from when you come from different culture .

I was born and raised in communist country. Poland was my homeland. When I was 16 at summer I got a job as a tender with crew of construction workers. It was amazing experience. Very relaxed and happy time for the workers. Boss would come once a day, and our supervisor would know what time about to expect him. After that we would have a break and me , since I was the youngest had to run to the store and bring some vodka. Rest you know. The floor at school we did build was tilted about 10 cm in length of 10 meter.
At age 24 I was encouraged to emigrate, and my first destiny was Germany.
Here the discipline was much higher. Peace of work was similar same time , work was better organized and we had all kind of equipment making our jobs safer and easier to be productive. The foreman did allow us to have a beer or two at lunch time , but only if we could work efficiently after break. Pay was good In few months I did learned a lot.
Than it was USA. Here I was lucky to get in unionized company and have to admit it was a great experience. Pay was excellent. The best of all I was encouraged to go to college, of course I had to pay my tuition but it was very affordable , about one week paycheck for one semester, and later at University was bit more about 12 month check for a semester.
Each job was well coordinated, scheduled and all project managers , superintendents and foreman from various companies work together like a bunch of bees for same queen.
After about 35 years I came back to Poland.
The most amazing part , Poland is beautiful, people are nice but construction methods and coordination stayed at same level.
I started to work on one of sites at Warsaw , big company well known Mostostal Warszawa, and I was delighted to , yes exactly what??. It was a shocking experience.
Unorganized, dangerous, full of potential problems. Lack of communication, lack of coordination full tragedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dry fasting fastest cure for any virus

Post czyli jedyna idealna dieta

Idealna praca, stalą pensja i duza premia